Pressure washer query

Hi

Apologies if this post appears already but it does not show on my newsreader so I am re-posting

Have been given a Lavor thermic petrol engined pressure washer which I have got working again

The water pressure is higher than my on big karcher electric washer

The only thing that doesnot work is the chemical feed pipe

The pipe is clear the filter on the end clean and it is connected to the pump but it does not suck up any fluid

On my karcher there is a low pressure setting on the wand which adds chemical to the spray but there does not appear to be any setting on the Lavor one

any help appreciated

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I have a KEW model ... and that also has a low pressure setting ... and will only pick up from tube when set to this.

maybe you have the wrong wand ? .... why not try manufacturers web site ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Almost every cold HPC on the planet uses a 'low pressure injector' to dispense chemicals. There has to be a difference between the pressure at the injector and the pressure at the final nozzle (lower ta the nozzle).

To check if it works (and it probably will, no moving parts) take the pressure hose off & run machine - it should then work.

If it doesn't there are only two possible causes - muck blocking the venturi (some chemicals solidify as they dry out, likely if the machine hasn't been used for a while) or there is a non return valve to stop water going back down the chemical feed pipe - usually a ball & spring - maybe stuck.

It should have a low pressure setting on the wand but they are not always obvious - post the model number & I will look on the Lavour website - I should be able to spot it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:42:27 +0100, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

I'm sure I read this message several hours ago?

Reply to
Lurch

The message from Lurch contains these words:

You may have. There were seven hours and five minutes (or so) between the two posts.

Reply to
Anne Jackson

The model is the 3S

I had posted the message hours before but as I said in my OP I could not see it or any replies on my newsreader, hence the repost with apology

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Lurch wrote at 01:19 15/4/07

So did I - it was timed at 15:39 hrs. 14/4/07.

I replied at 15:55 hrs 14/4/07 - but my reply seems to have vanished into cyberspace or whatever its called.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does the end of the lance have a thingy you can twist to alter the spray fan angle? If so try pulling said thingy away from you - it should move about

10mm & click. That would be the low pressure setting.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

thanks for that Dave

It is as you describe

Tony

Reply to
TMC

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:31:01 +0100, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

Aha, makes sense now I'm sobererer! Just had another look and this is indeed a repost with your almost word for word reply. Think it was the alcohol confusing the issue as well that didn't help too much.

Reply to
Lurch