Finding manuals for old Kenmore washer/dryer (model 110)

Hi Everyone!

I have an old Kenmore washer/dryer set that I was given:

Washer: model 110.92273100. Dryer: model 110.96273100.

Because of the way the model number is labeled, it is unclear to me if the model number is simply "110" or "110" followed by the long number starting with 9. If it's not a part of the model number, I don't know what it is (it's not the serial, that is clearly marked elsewhere on the label).

I am looking for manuals for these items. Any ideas on where could I find them? I tried kenmore.com but haven't been able to come up with anything... I couldn't even find a section for manuals.

-Josh

Reply to
joshbeall
110 is what Sears calls their "Source". Not sure what it means, but I think it means where they get an item. Sears had Whirlpool make their washers and dryers for years. Call a Sears service center, they should be able to order the manuals for you. If not, ask them what the corresponding Whirlpool model numbers are.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Bennett Price

If your not operating on a "need to know" basis, here's how it goes. "110" is the source (mfg,), in this case Whirlpool. The first and third number following the source number indicate the year of introduction to line, in this case '92. The second number following 110 indicates size of washer (1=small tub, 2=large tub) or in case of dryer, 6=electric and 7=gas. The fourth number indicates series number, in this case "70" and fifth number indicates level of features within the series. Sixth number is the color,

1=white with dark console, 2=white on white, 9=black. I'm a little fuzzy on 3 and 4 as they indicated almond or bisque (They changed numbers about 2000 when almond was dropped in favor of Bisque. The last two "0,s" are there to indicate any middle of year model changes. Sears offers a repair manual that covers all direct drive washers and also a manual to cover dryers. A complete parts list can be found by going to Sears.com and clicking on parts and putting in the whole model number including the 110 and period plus other numbers. I think the repair manual might be offered as a part..cost about $10. However, since these are virtually identical to Whirlpool and since Whirlpool makes almost 60% of all washers/dryers sold in the USA, generic do it yourself manuals that address washer/dryer repair usually show repairs on a Whirlpool. You should be able to go to the local library and save yourself some money.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom

Order a manual? Rats, I was hoping that I could download one for free from the web. If I need a printed copy I can print it myself on the cheap. Oh well...

Reply to
joshbeall