Pressure Washer Foam question

I bought a pressure washer to clean the car ( I know a bucket and sponge are more effective) However I am trying to locate a a method of ejecting foam from the lance to cover the car and as it disolves rinse it off. At low pressure the unit just seems to pour out water with some suds and at high pressure the detergent is not drawn into the pump. Any solutions for a fix? Is it the type of detergent I am using or the pressure washer type. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Avanti

Mine came with bottle that plugs in at end of lance; that agitates mix and then foams out other side of dispenser bottle; perhaps on yours its an accessory? Look at the yellow bottle in this pic:

Gel

I thought that may have been the reason why as my unit has an auxillary feed tube, however I managed to aquire a bottle that fits and the effect was exactly the sameas using the feeder tube, all that springs to mind this morning was that perhaps I ought to block the aux tube when using the attachment.

Does yours create a sheet of foam?

Reply to
Avanti

Blame it all on Daniel Bernoulli in 1738 and Giovanni Battista Venturi (1746-1822).

The detergent is drawn into the lance by the Venturi effect, the lance design on most if not all pressure washers means this only works at low pressure settings. You can have foam or high pressure but not both at the same time.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Hi Peter

Spot on Peter! Physics & history!

DIY pressure washers either have a pick up tube on the machine or a bottle attached to the lance. The bottle does give more of a 'foam' effect.

But why do you want foam? The detergent you have is unlikely to remove the road film on your car however long you leave it on. You need a traffic film remover - check out;

don't know either company, this is just from a Google.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

As the car is only 2 months old, I'm not reeady to apply TFR just yet, I was hoping for a not having to sponge the car method , of cleaning the vehicle. I was under the thought that if I can apply a sheet of thin foam let it desolve I could simply rinse off and hey presto! just chamois and go......

Reply to
Avanti

Hi

Fraid not mate! Road film is oil based - unburnt fuel, exhaust gas, rubber

  • general muck - bonds nicely to paint and also develops a static bond because the vehicle is moving when it gets dirty. Probably the toughest job to do well with a pressure washer.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang