Monto Paints

Has anybody had experience with a brand of paint called Monto. A new paint shop has opened in my local town that supplies these paints. They are approx 25% cheaper than Dulux or Crown so if the quality is Ok then it would be worthwhile using them - especially since I am about to undertake some major interior decorating. They are a Spanish brand - Valencia according to the shop owner who was very helpful. He claims they are the second biggest manufacturer in Spain and that they are good quality paints. They do a full range of varnish, gloss and emulsion - although the translation on the tins sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. Website is in spanish so that does not help very much.

Reply to
Frank

replying to Frank, Nina Girling wrote: I used to live in Spain and have painted dining table and chairs with this paint and it is fantastic, the best paint I have ever used. I nov live in the UK and would be most grateful if you could tell me where the shop that sells it is

Reply to
Nina Girling

Dunno where in the UK but you could try asking them directly:

Be aware that exterior paints intended for use in sunny Mediterranean climates may not perform as well in our cooler damper environment.

Reply to
Martin Brown

replying to Frank, Gee Bee wrote: I owned a villa painting business in Spain for eight years and Monto paint was my choice of paint, excellent .

Reply to
Gee Bee

I think you have painted yourself into a corner using that crappy portal to usenet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff