PAINTING RADIATORS

I wanted to paint a radiator (already having been painted by a previous owner) with the same paint used for the walls. It is Dulux Rich Matt emulsion but says on the tin not for radiators! I had previously been of the opinion that it did'nt really matter what type of paint used on radiators as long as the radiator was not down to the bare metal. Does anyone know what the rules and risks are in painting radiators?

Reply to
Steve Barnes

Radiators need special paint because of the heat. These paints are usually solvent based gloss paints. However, I believe that Dulux Trade Aquatech is a water based paint suitable for radiator application that might come in the same colour as your emulsion, if it is a standard colour. Being water based, it won't discolour with time. It won't be matt, however, but won't be high gloss either, as it is water based. You may need to find a "Dulux Decorator Centre" to get hold of it. They are like builder's merchants for Dulux and Glidden paint.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Just slap it on, it'll be fine. Emulsion won't wear well though, unless you seal over it with laquer.

Reply to
Steve Walker