OT maybe. What happened???

I use to be able to see postings that were several weeks old or older but now I can't even see a 3 day old posting. I don't remember changing any settings, has there been a newsgroup setting change? Any suggestion to help me resolve this.

Reply to
Norvin Gordon

Norvin Gordon wrote the following:

It's your server that controls the retention, not the newsgroup.

Reply to
willshak

Retention times are a function of your newsreader and your usenet provider (eternal september, it appears). If you blow away your newsreader caches and you still see only the last day or two, then the problem is at eternal september and you should contact them.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Happens occasional here too. Hang in there.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I went to Bakers Square, had a sandwich and a yummy piece of pie, came home and it seems that things are working again. Thanks for the responses

Reply to
Norvin Gordon

In Seamonkey under Edit/Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings/news.giganews.com/synchronization & Storage there is a line "Delete messages more than____ days old. I have this checked and 30 days in the blank. Sometimes gremlins make changes in settings like this.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

It was the desert that did it!!

Getting things working again _is_ "simple as pie".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi