OT Johnson's Paste Wax

Am in need of more Johnson's Paste Wax to protect my table saw top and it is not available in Canada. I will be going to Syracuse, New York next week and hope somebody can tell me where I can purchase some more. Thanks.

Vic

Reply to
Vic

Lowes

Reply to
S R

Look for an Ace Hardware store; all the ones I've checked here in Indianapolis have it. "Mom-and-Pop" type grocery stores are good bets, too.

Lowe's also sells it, but not every store keeps it in stock. Item # 44690

Reply to
Doug Miller

I saw JP Wax at WalMart, Lowes, and most hardware stores. Plus I saw them at a flea market, $3 a can.

Reply to
Phisherman

If you don't find it any of those places, look for "Butchers" brand. It's also good stuff and silicone-free--we used to use it for mold release making aircraft parts 30 years or so back--if it contained silicone it would have caused us all manner of trouble.

Just as a matter of curiosity, did you try calling SC Johnson customer support? They might be willing to sell it to you direct.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hi Vic. Hit Lowes while you're down here. There is one right in Cicero, just off 81. Here's the link from the web site. I selected the Cicero store on this page, but the other stores in the Syracuse area all show inventory as well.

you brought this up. I need to remember to get some myself, next time I'm down by Lowes.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I had bought 2 cans of JP with 'Never Yellows' on the lid. One can went yellow and stinky. I wrote to JP and asked about this as I too could not get the stuff in Canada. JP no longer sells paste wax in Canada. Apparently no one uses the stuff anymore. The lady on the phone never heard of the 'never yellows' can and was amazed that I bought it 25 yrs ago and still had some. She sent me a cheque for

20$ to buy some more next time I go south. According to her, it's available most anywhere.

And to that lady, I still love you.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

You can't buy advertizing like that for $20,000, let alone $20.

30 years ago I used to live in a small town that was home to Johnson's Wax in the UK. They were maybe the largest employer in that community and had an exemplary reputation for respecting their employees, customers, suppliers, neighbors et al. It's wonderful to hear the culture is very much alive and well at that company. Kudos to them. I must look out for their products and buy some!
Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

??

I thought version 2 was the most recent available!

Reply to
Doug Miller

A couple of folks with the secret handshake (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more) have 3.11. It is real. Mail me if interested in the full scoop -- methinks it would be seriously off-topic here.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

You could also get it on ebay for about 6.00 a can.

Reply to
d2e2

Or you could use one of the many other silicone-free paste waxes sold in just about any decent paint or hardware store.

Trewax, Butchers, Mylands, Behlen, Goddards, Renaissance, Black Bison, BriWax (with or without toulene), etc...

Johnson is good, but is any brand paste wax all that special to spend a lot of time to find?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Lowe's

Reply to
Tom

I have used both Johnson and Trewax and can tell a slight difference. The Trewax seems to last a wee bit longer. I don't know if Trewax is available in Canada.

As to the others, I haven't tried them so can't offer any judgment.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard