OT: How 'bout them Cubs!

I understand if the Cubs make it to the Series, Chicago will tear down Buckingham Fountain and erect a statue of Joe Madden in its place.

If they *win* the Series, the statue will be converted to a shrine!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Markem

Being one of 'dem die hard Cubs' fans, I am loving this post season and hopefully the Cubs will endure and take the series.

As for the actions of their fans? Who knows? The only thing I can guarantee you at this point is that Joe Maddon has no need to look for work. Theo Epstein and the Cubs' owners will give him everything he deserves.

Go Cubs, Go!

Great Cubs song by the late, great Stevie Goodman. "A dying Cubs' fan's last request"

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Go Jays Go!!!!

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Unquestionably Confused wrote in news:561efc2b$0 $8176$b1db1813$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Having spent part of my childhood in the Chicago area, I'm rooting for them.

But on the otherhand, if they do win I sort of feel something will be lost. The Cubs not winning the World Series is such a tradition, an icon of professional sports. If the Cubs win they'll become just another team, occasionally good, mostly medicre, not really any different to the Brewers or Reds or Pirates.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Having grown up South of Chicago, I won't. ;-)

Yeah, there's something to be said for perfection. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Royals Rulz!!!

Reply to
dpb

Being a Brewers fan, I'm not that crazy about the Cubs. But I have to say their success gives everyone hope that their lowly team can do it too.

Reply to
Michael

But a new cult will be born "The Back to the Future church of Reverend Jim".

Reply to
Markem