OT: Grill from Billy Joel's car

I just figured that since people here seem to scout eBay for odd things, that you'd get a kick out of watching people bid on parts off of Billy Joel's car. Some people will buy anything.

Werlax

My sister's husband bought one of Jeff Gordon's tires on ebay. When the postman delivered it, he asked "What the hell is this?"

KB8QLR

something. What are these people thinking?

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

thinking? what makes you think they're thinking?

Reply to
bridger

snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Went to the NHRA drags a couple of summers ago and while we were waiting we watched the throngs trudging back to their cars, some carrying souvenirs. First was a 12-year-old boy with a piston and a big grin. Nice paperweight, if nothing else. Then came a guy with a burnt-out exhaust manifold. Huh. Some folks with used clutch plates.

The capper was two guys certainly old enough to know better, each rolling a big, used, dirty slick, grinning from ear to ear. Don't know what they were going to say to their wives when they got them home.

At least none of these folks had to pay for their booty.

Reply to
Hitch

Does this guy have any fragments of the "True Cross", knuckle bones of St. Christopher, or the Holy Grail? Gotta go check "sellers other auctions"!!

Cheers, Beaker

Reply to
Michael Beacom