48 year old saw part

Hello, I have an old Craftsman tablesaw--model 103.22161. I need a part and Sears says it is unavailable. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
gjtms

Could you give us a clue as to what part you need?

Nova

If you are looking for Crapsman's trunnon and arbor they are available in Ebay.

Crapsman Arbor Housing.

Kit

the above he also sell other Crapsman/Ridgid TS parts. Before you buy them remove the arbor from your TS measure various dimensions, length etc. Then, check with the seller to make sure it's the correct part. I have to shims the bearing housing to align the arbor.

I have no relation with the seller, I am very satisfy customer.

Reply to
WD

Well, it SURE wouldn't hurt if you had posted WHAT part you needed - Without knowing WHAT PART, any suggestions are probably moot

John

Reply to
John

I bought a vintage craftsman jointer last spring. When I learned Sears no longer carried the part and the manufacturer went out of business years ago, I stripped off what I might use in the future and scrapped the rest. Good luck! Joe

gjtms wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

You don't say what the part is. If you have any hobby machinists in your circle of friends, it may be something simple to crank out. Otherwise, a trip to the machine shop might still be an economical way to put a good machine back in order. You won't know until you check it out.

bob g.

Joe_Ste> I bought a vintage craftsman jointer last spring. When I learned Sears

Reply to
Robert Galloway