OT: Crue's Girls Girls Girls etc.

The 'Machine' worked great powering Bon Jovi to a thunderous show a couple of days ago. Then we had Fergie (She's just amazing...no Jessica Rabbit, but amazing.) Tomorrow night Black Crowes... Then Saturday night Rascal Flatts to be followed by Big & Rich on Sunday....but tonight...tonight..in little ol' Sarnia. it is the Crue.

What a different crowd they attract! I have never seen this many piercings and tattoos in my life. License plates from all over the US and Canada. Even a VW micro bus with flowers...WTF??? For a Crue concert? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Anyway... I'm BBQ-ing a burger and I will be able to hear them just fine...really... (Bon Jovi set off my alarm)

Like Freud said: "Ach, to be Jung again!"

And what does this have to do with wood dorking? Absolutely f*ck all. Hence the OT. I'm kinda proud of my little town. Hence the post.

Robatoy

Heeeere we are:

Robatoy

Robatoy

To be jung again, I don't know if it's the age as much as the milage. With me the mind is still young but the body's not willing to work that way. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

"Robatoy" wrote

with the train train, uh huh huh! :)

(gotta love the __groove__ rhythm tracks!!)

Reply to
Swingman

How do you dork wood?

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Reply to
Just Wondering

of anachronistic acts and vehicles.

RicodJour

Shiat, man.. is THAT the dude? Goestashoesya. I had no clue. That's not bad stuff. He was on ACL not too long ago?

LOL... not long ago... I sat up and said: "This is pretty cool stuff"... my buddy said: "Sit DOWN Robbie... that's Tobi Keith"... Oh well. There ain't no room for prejudices. I guess I'm sticking with Glenn Miller's saying: "If it sounds good... it IS good."

STILL!!...not bad for a wee town, huh?

Reply to
Robatoy

GGG is a great song...

Reply to
B A R R Y

A friend of mine who owns a schoolbus line, has a Volkswagen Jetta with 500K on it. That car is in better shape than a new one. He gave it to his daughter some 15 years ago with the understanding she'd learn to maintain it properly. He also proved conclusively that a gas engine can last as long as a diesel *IF* taken care of.

Now... how-the-hell did I get HERE?

Reply to
Robatoy

Sarnia is the best kept secret on this continent....but alas, I said too much.

Reply to
Robatoy

This Whaler fan knows that Sarnia, Ontario, was the birthplace of Pat Verbeek!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Me too, Rob. I was staying with my mother last summer (lakeshore drive & Christina)) and could hear the bands plain as day. It's come a long ways since the bandstand out in Bright's Grove. That may be a few years before your time.

Reply to
Tanus

RE: Subject

Distance can be your friend.

2,500+ miles from Sarnia not only protected my ears from abuse but also provided the opportunity to see Willie & Winton do a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

Different strokes for different folks.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

For all the criticism that Toronto gets, there are times when I'm proud of some of the things that happen here too. May 3, I Got up early and was ready online to snag myself eight Jeff Healey Tribute concert tickets for myself and a few buddies. Colin James, Randy Bachman, David Wilcox, Jack Bruce, Ian Gillan and many others performed with the Jeff Healey Blues Band. I don't go to too many concerts, but this one was well worth attending. ~ Glad I remember to take the ear plugs.

Reply to
Upscale

I ALWAYS wear earplugs at concerts. They take most of the 'heat' off the top-end and the low-end still comes through with all the tactility. Learned that one from a Ring Audio customer.

Reply to
Robatoy

Indeed. Different strokes. My favourite concert in recent memory was John Prine.

Reply to
Robatoy

He was on Austin City Limits here about a month or two ago. (ACL is a PBS program that features music/musicians if you don't get it there up north.)

He was in pretty good voice, but he really looked terrible. I watched the 7 minute interview they did with him after his segment and I didn't have any idea how sick he really was a few years ago.

I knew he had the spots on his vocal cord that kept him from speaking for a couple of years. I had understood (as he had) that he wouldn't sing again. Magically, his voice came back.

He was truly amused that his voice came back in a different key and register. Honestly amused. As in snickering. He chuckled and said that he now sings some of the old songs a little faster in his new register and people think he has written new material. He really liked that.

While he looked awful, he allowed that his recent health travails (I didn't know they were also potentially life threatening) gave him a new perspective and outlook on life. His new perspective showed well. He was relaxed, talkative, and was looking forward to many more years of performing with his compatriots.

I was surprised at his sense of humor. It usually comes out in his music a bit ("Dear Abby" and one of my personal all time favorites, "In Spite of Ourselves") but he is always so shy in his interviews I was really surprised at him. I was kinda cool to see him in a good place.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

His cousin has a really nice countertop. *S*

Reply to
Robatoy

I used to have a t-shirt advertising the Ozzie Nelson Band summer tour

1933 (with girl singer Harriet Hilliard). Sweet. :-) jo4hn
Reply to
jo4hn