OT: Crue's Girls Girls Girls etc.

Ya ain't heard nothing to you hear the Boswell Sisters. Three middle class white girls from uptown 'Naw'lins who put "soul" in music long before blacks snapped to it. As a musician I never cease to be amazed by their innovation, and the fact that you never hear of their influence on "pop" music. The first time you hear the words "rock and roll" was on one of their recordings ... circa 1934.

Swingman

Connie, Martha, and Vet. Well worth putting on your record player (or IPOD). Gives me the heebie jeebies. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Aren't you impressed I knew where Pat was from?

Reply to
B A R R Y

I am impressed. Sarnia is funny about hockey. Just 45 minutes out of Detroit, there are a lot of Red Wing fans. A lot of that goes back to the days of the TV antenna. Then there are those Sarnians who feel they should root for a Canadian team..... but we're not too crazy about snooty Toronto as a city...and those Leafs [sic] are losers, so we just skip that town and root for Montreal.

Reply to
Robatoy