OT: 4 minutes of explosions.

What happens when a truck carrying pressurised gas has a bad accident....??

boom , boom, boom... about 4 minutes of it.

woodchucker

It took 'em long enough to back up. It took the cop longer (the tank at ~2:50 should have been a hint).

Reply to
krw

It explains what can happen if the valve on one of those tanks lets go. Did any one else notice the distance some of those tanks traveled? It looked like one went over the trees and a couple of other went behind the structure on the right side of the highway.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Yep, I saw those.. Lot's of energy, the cars on the other side turning around were smart.. those easily could have hit the like a missle.

Reply to
woodchucker

Last week in San Leandro CA (Oakland) a scrap yard was scrapping some "empty" propane cylinders. Turns out one was not. It shot across the street into the back window of a car that an early worker had just been sleeping in. He had just bought the car 2 days before.

CP

Reply to
Pilgrim

I remember an old safety film - BLEVE ( blevee ) Burning Liquid Escaping Vapour Explosion ... propane rail cars lifting off ! John T.

hubops