RE: O/T: Shake Rattle & Roll

It's been awhile since we have felt a quake like this.

This one was centered about 5-10 miles away and lasted maybe 30 seconds.

Doesn't appear to be any serious damage.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ouch!

Not yet! I hope this is just letting off energy.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

When the "big one" hits, everything east of the San Andreas fault will fall into the Atlantic Ocean. You heard it here first. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

--------------------------------------------------------------- After shocks continue as this is typed.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

--------------------------------------------------------------- After shocks continue as this is typed.

--------------------------------------------------------------- Over 200 after shocks since first quake last Friday.

There have been only 3-4 that could be felt here.

A few, less than 10, buildings have been red lined which means they can not be occupied.

Some property damage from damaged buildings, a count has not been announced.

A few underground water lines ruptured, which caused some sink holes. Water lines have been repaired.

Some display windows have shattered, and some retail displays were knocked over.

It appears property damage has been modest.

No reports of any loss of life.

Over all, things could have been a lot worse.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett