Orlando/Daytona/Melbourne area WW must see's

Heading down to Orlando/Daytona/Mebourne area for a couple of weeks. Anyone have any sugestions or good experiences for woodworking related shops/flea markets/supplies in the area.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

Didn't we have this conversation a month or so ago? Maybe not, but I know I've had it with someone ( a couple of times).

Anyway, The Utter Guys in Lake Mary (or Longwood or Sanford; it's kind of on the cusp); Woodcraft in Casselberry; there's also a Woodcraft in Jacksonville, depending on which way you're coming down. Actually it's in Jacksonville regardless of which way you're coming; it's just more convenient if you're coming through Jacksonville.

There are a couple of wood suppliers; Chipmunk is in Edgewater and T A Foley is in Rockledge (between Melbourne and Cocoa). I haven't been to either one, so can't comment. Check on woodfinder.com for details and more info. 32174 is my zipcode if you want one to plug in.

Have fun. This is the nicest time of the year here.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Thank for the info. Do you know of any place that might carry Abalone veneer . I know Constantines' in Ocala carries it. Haven't found many others DAGS.

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

Goodwin Heart Pine Company, Micanopy, FL (near Gainesville).

mindboggling what these guys do reclaiming sunken logs

Reply to
bob