REALLY OT - Firewood in the Philly Metro Area

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a cord of oak or mixed hardwood firewood in the Philly metro area? I have been looking for a few weeks now and everyone I call is either out or doesn't return calls. I have a truck and am happy to pick it up if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your time . . .

Larry Fox

I have firewood, I live 50 miles notheats of Philly just outside Reading

Reply to
Duggie88

I'm happy to hear that. I also have some firewood. I live 260 miles northeast of Philly.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Humm, I am actually in the western burbs so, depending on which side or Reading you are on, it might be worth a trip.

Please email privately if you want to maybe try and work something out.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Larry Fox

Larry, There is a place just below Doylestown, on Rt. 611. I think the name is 'Bright's'. They have a MOUNTAIN of cut firewood . . . about a 98 percent probability it's all hardwood.

{PS - depending how close you are to the Turnpike, it could actually be a quick trip. The Exit for 611 {old number was 26 } puts you right on it. Then about an 18 minute straight run.}

Reply to
Ron Magen