Opps I didn't see the glue...

I'm in the process of making a chair (almost finished) and when I started to apply the finish I quickly found spots where glue (Titebond Yellow) had gotten on the wood. I didn't wipe it up completely and now the stain will not take to the wood. What's the best way to get ride of this glue residue? Sanding, scraping, wood chisels ????????? The space is to tight to get a plane in - help!

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

George M. Kazaka

I prefer to scrape, though that may be with a chisel as well. This tends to compress the wood a bit, so you should sand afterward with your final grade of sandpaper to increase finish penetration. If you use sandpaper to remove, remember to go through the grades to get the finish you have on the rest of the piece.

Reply to
George