Oneida Super Dust Deputy XL 6”

Thanks Leon. I shall try your cutting technique. And closely inspect the dust boot and dust channels for debris.

Reply to
aaron

FWIW Jet has a normal looking DC with pleated filter that has some kind of "Vortex" panel between the dust bag and the pleated filter. I think it keeps the pleated filter cleaner longer but all of the dust still ends up having to be emptied at some point.

The Jet with Vortex might eliminate the fine dust getting into the canister however. AND all dust goes into a single bag. You don't need extra space and or an extra dust container.

Leon, Aaron - I just bought the Jet.

I haven't installed an outlet yet, so haven't turned it on. I'm dealing with a breathing issues which I was told has affected many cabinet makers. Since a teenager I didn't use a dust collector until maybe 15 yrs ago and made my own... worked fairly well for my limited use. Even at this late stage, I decided to get a dedicated collector. Leon, you seem to mention considering Jet's Vortex collector. I may soon have a review.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hi Sonny, I have seen Jet’s “vortex”. It is a shallow inverted bowl installed below the opening into the bag. I think you could easily make one yourself from a metal kitchen bowl. But I am still going to try for a cyclone!

Reply to
aaron

Yes. In Leon's case, if he already has the canister, all he needs is the cone (Jet part # DC1100-47) , the hex cap screw (part #TS-1490021), hex nut (Part # TS-1540061) and flat washer (part # TS-1550061) for attaching the cone to the support bracket. Any correct size screw, nut and washer will do, so just need the cone.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Great! I would like to hear how bag changes go. When I change the bag, non vortex version, I reach through the center and work the band and bag. I would wonder if the vortex shield would inhibit changing bags this way.

FWIW I do not use the clear bags either. Once a bit if dust gets in there along with static cling it is difficult to see how full the bag is anyway. I use the 44 gallon black contractor bags. Just feel the bag to determine how full it is.

Reply to
Leon

Ah! Thanks for the part numbers!

Reply to