Oneida dust collector

Hey All, I've been lurking here for a number of years mining the wealth of knowledge. Rarely post anything so none of you know me but once in a while we get such good service that we feel compelled to spread the word. I purchased an Oneida 1.5 hp dust collector in Feb 2002. Have been very satisfied with its performance but recently it's become increasingly noisy. I finally bit the bullet and disassembled it to find that the fan and fins had large cracks. Keep in mind that it is 7 months removed from a 2 year warranty. Anyhow, called the company to order a new fan. Before I even got the chance to raise heck or complain they said they would send a new one out today at no charge and proceeded to explain that, due to circumstances beyond their control, a small batch of collectors went out with fans made of inferior material. In today's world where many companies only focus on the bottom line I think this is exceptional and that it was worth more than the simple "thank you very much" that they received from me.

Virg

Reply to
Virg

You may also want to add a cyclone collector prior to the dust collector. Many times the fan blade can be struck by a chunk of wood and break the blade. This is what Penn State recommended when I bought my system from them and I have had no problems.

Chuck Callaghan snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu

Reply to
Charles Callaghan