Ridgid Dust Collector

When did Ridgid discontinue these and were they any good?

I might have an opportunity to buy one, and I only use one tool at a time but my shop vac doesn't keep up very well. I have been considering an Oneida Dust Deputy but, there again, I suspect that if the shop vac isn't keeping up with the tool, the cyclone won't improve it, only save me from emptying the vac as often.

Thanks, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

"Ralph" wrote in news:fMKdnQ7vjbYig2LRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I have three Dust Deputys hooked to shop vacuums. (Too much mobility and no room for a central syatem) The problem I had was fine saw dust quickly plugging the filter cartridges. As soon as the cartridge is layered with fine dust, the suction level rapidly drops. I've emptied the 5-gallon buckets on the Dust Deputys several times and had no dust at all in the vacuum tanks or on the filters. They work much better than I had expected. I modified the buckets to make opening and empting them easier. Pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking a while back. The biggest downside is the hose to the vacuum makes them top-heavy.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

"Ralph" wrote in news:fMKdnQ7vjbYig2LRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I don't know when they quit making them but I've got one I purchased at a garage sale for a pretty good price. It works fairly good but when it gets over half full you need to empty it. If you don't the top bag will blow off and you can imagine the mess it makes. DAMHIKT

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Not used either but it is certainly true that adding a cyclone will only reduce airflow, not enhance it. If you're already short on cfm/velocity, adding the separator won't be any magic cure...

--

Reply to
dpb

On the other hand if you're short on cfm because the filter's perpetually clogged, the cyclone _can_ help _that_.

Reply to
J. Clarke