Dust Collector question

I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
TH

I have the Oneida Super Dust Gorilla (2 HP). Love it. I consider it the best investment I have ever made in my shop. I "shopped" Grizzly and Penn State as well but all things considered; price, fittings, service, shipping, reputation, *performance numbers*, construction, etc., I decided on Oneida.

Max

Reply to
Max

google "Pentz". Bill has done a great deal of analysis and testing. His site has more than you probably want to know but worth going through.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Second that one--I'd take a Clearvue built to his design over any of the ones from Oneida, Grizzly, or Penn State and probably save money in the process.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks. So there is a difference in design as well as differences in the materials. I'll take another look at the clearviews.

Reply to
TH

FWIW, I went to clean the filters on mine (not a Clearvue but an earlier iteration of Bill's design) the first time I emptied the collecting barrel and found that there wasn't anything in them to clean.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
Anon Ymous

I have the Clearvue and could not be happier. It does a great job of collecting dust and the service Ed provides if you have questions or problems is amazing.

Reply to
Bob Heveri