O/T: Stopping BP Leak

Best idea I've seen yet.

This will work.

Needs some help getting an audience with the right people.

Your help appreciated to help spread the word.

I have no vested interest other than to get this situation under control.

you.

Lew Hodgett, PE

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Any idea how they tighten all the nuts and bolts?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I'm quite sure that James Cameron or Robert Ballard could show them how THEY did this sort of thing at more than twice the depth.

Reply to
salty

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in news:hv4p4u$8qm$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I have no idea what force the oil coming up through 12000 ft of rock is exerting. I wouldn't like risking have that force lift the whole assembly off whatever keeps it attached to the pipe inside that "shaft".

Reply to
Han

Tightening nuts and bolts?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Screws loose?

Reply to
salty

At depths exceeding a mile.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Ballard has done extensive work at three times that depth. Cameron has worked at at least 2 miles.

Reply to
salty

Tightening nuts and bolts?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Oh, and there are MANNED submersibles that can work at almost 4 miles depth.

Reply to
salty

------------------------ The same way they did the first time.

The under sea robots.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

----------------------------- Need to go back and review the presentation again.

The issue is specifically addressed.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

All you need now is a skilled, volunteer crew.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

So, remotely operated. What about visibility?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Volunteer? Do you think BP is made up of volunteers?

Meanwhile, Cameron already offered HIS services to help, and was rebuffed by BP, who doesn't want any outsiders to see what is really going on.

Reply to
salty

----------------------------------- What about it?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lobby has limited vision...

Reply to
salty

You think they are somehow faking the live video of the well?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

If it's not good - and it doesn't seem to be - then it would seem to be much more difficult to get ROVs to manipulate nuts and bolts.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser