Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You are not seeing everything.

Reply to
salty

And you are?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

BTW, what's stopping Cameron from just doing what he thinks he can do? Last I heard he was going to "forward a number of reports to appropriate government agencies". Has he done that part yet?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

He lacks the authority to take over the operation. BP has legal paperwork giving THEM complete control. The president of the US apparently doesn't think even he has the authority to place observers or advisors on site without BP's permission.

Reply to
salty

I can see where BP maintains control, but can't see how they can stop an observer. The lease documents would have to specify complete control over a large area of the sea surrounding the well. Even then wouldn't the government maintain 'inspection' rights?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Get serious. The government is essentially powerless to order BP to do anything. They can only negotiate and try to use pressure to get them to do ANYTHING. And, no, outside observers are not allowed anywhere near the site without permission from BP.

They are in complete control of the site.

Reply to
salty

I've been waiting for someone to do things right and snip previous posts but I guess I have to do it myself.

Reply to
CW

Amazing ain't it?

Good job BTW!