O/T: Score Card

But in SPITE of the disturbances you mentioned:

  • Less than 5% unemployment
  • Negligible inflation
  • Stock market above 12,000
  • Immense reduction in food stamps, unemployment insurance, and all other forms of welfare
  • 26 consecutive quarters of economic growth

Then the Democrats took over Congress...

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:IeednW-wnMs_nh3RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

While the Dems aren't blameless, the Housing bubble and banking thefts occurred on the Repubs watch. When that is corrected somewhat, things WILL be well again. In fact, the pace of housing sales/new building etc is already at the average level from before the housing bubble. Yes, there are many people unemployed, and that is terrible. But what if there hadn't been so many seduced to work in the housing field? Cars - part of the bankruptcy of the car industry has come about because suddenly the "false" equity we had in our homes fell away, and we couldn't buy that fancy big SUV anymore.

Sorry for the rant, but in spite of what my buddy the bank examiner and ultra right winger says, it's not really the Dems fault, but much more likely the Repubs. I agree with my buddy that it would be better to fire the whole crowd in Washington, and start from scratch. Give them a good slary and prohibit them from accepting bribes, campaign contributions and loose women and men.

Reply to
Han

Yes, there are so many signs the the fine Democrats got this right. This, for example:

Tim Daneliuk

Inquisition starting ON the lawyers, not by them. ;)

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Han, the Democratic Black Caucus, overseeing wing of Fannie and Freddy, et al, aren't Republicans.

Right, start electing from the rank and file, including the homeless. Buddha knows they -couldn't- do a worse job, and even the mildly insane are closer in touch with reality than anyone in D.C. now.

don't forget the new repercussions from said folly:
comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

>And don't forget the new repercussions from said folly:

krw

Perhaps you missed the amendment, but for several decades the President has only been allowed Two Terms. Bush completed his Two.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I dunno; didn't the christians get their heads handed to them by the Turks?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas