New Jewelry Box

Pictures posted on abpw.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Hamina-hamina Bahb!

Is it safe to bet the off-set knife hinges were a wee bit of a booger?

UA100, who has four pieces of curly maple set aside for a blanket box lid for Claire, age 9...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Can't fool the Keeter. I had to shim underneath them to fit together properly, and reset one "inward" to adjust the vertical axis. They're Brussos, and the fit is very precise and buttery. There's got to be a joke in there somewhere.

Is it safe to bet she'll appreciate it?

Bob BTW, the 8" jointer has no two pieces connecting anymore. I see Rick Chamberlain tomorrow to scope out the cutterhead bearings, and then on to Quality Electric for the motor. The tables are stone flat and shiny and clean. The base needs some fasteners that match and a good cleaning. You know me--a good solid user is good enough for me, so I won't be blasting/painting it.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

I've done a thing or two here lately that has me in good standing/she's not sure her Dad is as big a dork as she once thought.

If I remember right a blasted/painted base wasn't something it "needed"?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Since when does restoration involve "need?" 8-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall