Need Instructions On Glass Doors With Mullions

Any one seen any good instructions on making cabinet doors with fancy mullions in them?

Woody

Reply to
Woody

A bunch of them. What, exactly, do you mean by 'fancy'?

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Good detailed instructions using the Radial Arm Saw.

Reply to
Rumpty

Hey RC -

Fancy meaning mullions with a decorative routed edge - not just square.

Like something you'd see on a nice china cabinet.

Woody

Reply to
Woody

There was a program on "The Router Workshop" which showed how to create such doors. You can get the plans from them. Jim

Reply to
Jim

After making windows for my front room,

found that making the mullions tricky. I used the CMT set
is for reference only) To make the window sashes and mullions. The real tricky part had to do with the vertical grain fir I used. Tearout was hard to control. If and when I make any more windows, I'll use a different wood and more use of backer boards when milling the mullions.

Dave

TeamCasa

You're talking about true mullions, not just decorative overlays on wood?

I assume, then, that the problem is coping them -- making the contours match at places where the mullions meet?

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

See the instruction sheet w/ the CMT window sash set.

Delta has an instruction sheet on producing windows and doors, etc. Don't have the copy here for the part number but I suspect it's still available if you ask.

I highly recommend the Delta sheet although it relies on a stub shaft cutter to make the cope cut for the full-length tenon of a classical window sash.

Most router sets these days are designed only for the stub tenon which looks ok but isn't nearly as strong as the full tenon.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth