Raised panel doors with mullions

I am building kitchen cabinets for my kitchen. All upper cabinet will have glassed raised panel doors with mullions. Though I have built more then three dozens doors I never built one with mullions. How do I build doors with mullions? Do I need special bits? Also what thickness of the glass recommended?

Reply to
Sasha

Try here

S.

Reply to
Bob S

Also here for another style,

S.

Reply to
Bob S

there was just an extensive thread on this.

ps. they're called muntins when referring to a glass door, mullions when otherwise. At least, that's what I've been told......

noticed your name.... Sasha.... making glass panel doors..... now

*that's* funny....

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

There was an article in a recent popular woodworking magazine on making muntins. I'll see if I can find it.....

Reply to
bob

One point. I am not going to build truely divided doors, there will be one single glass panel. I am sorry if my terminology is incorrect. Mullions or whatever they are called will be "faked" meaning they will be on top of the glass and not truely divide the glass panel.

Reply to
Sasha