Need help w/ clamping

I have a table with mitered aprons with splines in the aprons and legs. However, the legs protrude past the corner or intersection of the aprons and legs, along with an inset of about 1/4 in. I have tried to clamp with corner clams and bar clamps, but without success. I have posted a photo at:

Any recommendations on how to clamp this table is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
James Owens

"James Owens" wrote in news:B0YCe.165001 $_o.136122@attbi_s71:

2) a pair of triangular "clamp blocks" that are clamped or otherwise attached to the sides, then a longer bar or pipe clamp goes between the blocks to bring the joint together. The blocks are shaped as triangular cauls. It's hard for me to describe in words, you can't see me waving my hands and making pointing motions.
Reply to
Dan Major

Clamp a QuickClamp to each of the apron on either side of the leg and use the QuickClamps as blocking to hook bar clamp across the joint.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Make a set of corner clamping blocks with a hole drilled in the inside corner, similar to those used for picture frames. The hole prevents the points of the miters from getting damaged. For your set the hole needs to be large enough to clear the legs. See picture at

't laugh at the home page, it's an old attempt and I can't find my notes on it right now. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

These guys are getting close.

Create blocks that you can clamp to each apron. One face of the block is parallel to the apron, the other face of the block is parallel to the face of the leg. Then clamp across the blocks. If you place the blocks far enough back along the apron you can get the clamping force directly lined up over the spline. Place a clamp above the whole mess and is you have a clamp with a deep enough throat, place one outsode the leg too.

The blocks will be sorta shaped like this \__ with the inside angle of 135.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com