Need a woodcarver..

--Location: Santa Rosa, Ca; I've got an idea for a whatchacallit and it's of a sufficiently unusual shape that I wouldn't want to try making it myself. I need someone to carve it into something I can use as a pattern to make an RTV mold. Size is about 1" x 2" x 4". Anyone in my vicinity who can do this? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

Ed, are you related to the guy who invented, spliced, grafted the Haas avocado? His original house is in my town, southern Cali (sorry, I am not a carver yet).

Reply to
AAvK

What is an RTV mold? Just curious. Google says its Room Temperature Vulcanizing. If thats it, can you describe the complexity of design of your whatchacallit ? Or describe you whatchacallit better?

Reply to
No

Ed- check your email.

Reply to
bridger

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:52:43 GMT, the inscrutable steamer spake:

Email a diagram (or mail a sample part) up to me, Ed. I'll give 'er a try. We'll settle up when I'm down there in July. (good/scrap metal, robotics goodies, James Swan 3" slick, whatever ;)

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

AAvK wrote: : Ed, are you related to the guy who invented, spliced, grafted the Haas avocado? : His original house is in my town, southern Cali (sorry, I am not a carver yet). --Not me; not the candy guy or the levis guy either. Dad was a contractor.

Reply to
steamer

--Thanks to everyone, but while on a road trip I figured out how to make what I need from a wooden salad spoon. Photos when I get time to finish it...

Reply to
steamer