My web site

I've made a few changes, there's still woodworking info, but I just stuck up a non-related slide show (stuck it up, like it was easy: frigging Picasa is as intuitive as bullfighting in your birthday suit).

It took me all blasted day!

It seems decent to me.

Check it out, please:

and click on the slide show indicator.

It does eventually work, though. Or at least I think it did.

I've got the '24 Overland coming out in the May issue of Cars & Parts, and the 1930 Ford model A in the July issues.

It's a good time to have more than one interest as a freelance writer, I'll tell you. And the competition is heating up, with all the layoffs at newspapers and magazines. Fortunately, I'm not really up for warm and fuzzy stories, prefering to stick with woodworking, vehicles (preferably old), and travel. Short distances for the latter these days. I live in an area where there are almost too many day trips possible.

Comments welcome. Just remember what your Momma told you: if you can't say something good...:)

Reply to
Charlie Self

Good show! didn't work in Firefox though.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Worked for me in Firefox 3.07

Reply to
alexy

Reply to
Russ Stanton

Yeah IIRC the Nova came after the early 60's Chevy II's

Reply to
Leon

Very nice Charlie cool pictures and I presume you took'em all. Have you experimented with HDR when you take and tweak the car pics?

Reply to
Leon

Charlie Self wrote in news:d58ee809-f086-465a- snipped-for-privacy@q1g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

Dad's first car was a Renault Dauphine. Engine was (says wikipedia) 845 cc and 32 hp .

Darn thing took Mom, Dad, Sis and me to the Italian Riviara and back several times, even with a tent trailer like this Alpenkruezer: . Sorry, the skimpily clad young lady didn't come with the tenttrailer, but it was a truely remarkably roomy thing for something so light.

No expressways, just 2 or 3 lane (great fun) highways from Holland through Belgium, Luxemburg and France. Ever had 3 times passport and papers control in 1 day? Whole trip took usually 3 days, but those little hotels along the highway!

Reply to
Han

"Han" wrote

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Swingman" wrote in news:27mdnSgMhu0ZBVzUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yes, indeed. We rented a 2CV for our honeymoon to France, Italy and Switzerland. Max speed 80 km/hour, downhill, with atail wind ...

Reply to
Han

Ahh, youth. I almost remember.

Even if there is a will now, the back woun't allow it. :-(

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The site looks ok Charlie. loved the slide show! thumbs up! I would be tickled to have any one of those ok beuties.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

Charlie,

Great photos worth the wait of the show loading! I use Firefox/2.0.0.20 and a 26.4 KBPS dial-up connection...

Neil

Reply to
Rita and Neil Ward

Odd. I use Foxmire and it worked for me, on two computers.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Yeah, yeah. The cataloging on the shot reads 1955 Nomad. I wrote Nova. I think my mental clutch was slipping, because I proofread the thing twice and missed it. One of my cousins caught it early. Check it again.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I don't use HDR. It looks overprocessed. The shots are all mine.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Whoa! That's worse than this POS Wild Blue satellite I have.

I gave the slide show its own page, but from here, Yahoo's programming yahoos have scrambled my table of contents, so...I dunno. If it doesn't show a separate listing for the slide page, someone pelase let me know.

And thanks for the compliments.

I'm doing the '30 Ford again Saturday morning. It will run in the July issue of Cars & parts. The '24 Overland is coming up in the May issue of C&p.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie Self wrote in news:be43d7f2-4ac5-47be-9e12- snipped-for-privacy@r18g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

Your website worked fine with my FF 3.0.7. Wonderful pictures on your excellent slideshow!

Reply to
Han

it opened for me in firefox in a new tab. it was manual so I had to click the arrows to go page to page. I'm no computer wiz so...... Is that the way you set up? lol. BTW I sent you a response to the e-mail with a address. lookin forward to reading the book! :-]

skeez

Reply to
skeez

Not sure what the problem is, I'm using latest FF and latest flash, popup and ad blockers are off, javascript is on. still no slide show.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk