Dripp Press Table , Fence, and Indexing Stop

I just posted pics of this DP table top that I built on a.b.p.w.

Reply to
Leon

OK it's isn't a Dripp press. ;~()

Reply to
Leon

I should say not - but I won't ;-)

It looks pretty good!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thanks Morris although my fingers are illiterate.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:AfSdnaU0KpEI_FzUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'm going to have to build one of those dripp press tables myself. I often need a fence and repeatable holes would be a good thing. :-)

My compliments.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Looks good. That replaceable wood slot in the center is a good idea. And I like the movable fence in the T slots. Square is whatever fits the job/stock on a drill press.

Is that a hold down in the third picture? How do you do holdowns and stops on this table?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thank you. If you are interested, the 'very" top pieces are phonelic covered 14 layer birch plywood. The solid bottom piece is 11 ply birch plywood. the over all dimensions are 1.5" thick, and 16"x 24". Rockler has the phonelic panels on sale for $20 for a 32 x 24" sheet. I am sure plain plywood would work but I wanted something that would not stain and would remain very flat.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you, Square works the same way on a router table fence too. ;~) I actually have 3 or 4 inch slots under each knob on the fence so that the fence can be slid left or right that amount and so that the fence can ve clamped down with one end forward. With one end forward I can drill a hinge hole on a long door with out rolling the DP out, it normally sets back a bit behind the tool chest on the left side.

No, no hold downs. I am showing the stop in two positions, fence and table t-slot. To tell you the truth I have never had any use or need for hold downs on this DP.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:PdGdnYK23dLcD1zUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thanks for the info. I'll try building mine with "hardwood plywood" that Home Depot occasionally sells (usually Birch). I've got a couple pieces of it waiting for a project.

(Yet another item on the shop to do list. :-))

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper