My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

I take that back, the laminate flooring, is just a smaller model.

Reply to
woodchucker

On Amazon search for "DEWALT D28605" as an example or "fiber cement shears" for a selection. There are both electric and pneumatic versions available...

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Thanks! My siding is the Hardie-plank variety, so the smaller one would work. OTOH, if I have to do other sides, the larger one would be needed for gables.

Reply to
krw

Yes, the electric one.

Reply to
Leon

OK, that's one for the manual shear type and one for the electric drill type. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I'm with you on this one! I still have no clue whether people are recommending the lever action table type or the tin snip powered type. It's a coin toss at this point. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Anything but a saw!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I know guys who score and snap that stuff. Talk about old school! From the mason's book.

Reply to
-MIKE-

nding the lever

This is the one I am talking about, and it is the same as the model/maker J ohn G. is referencing:

John, you are right, our PC branded models are no more. I guess they sold the machine manufacturing rights for that exact model to DeWalt, as the lin k above gives a hot link with the note that "there is a newer model of this item" and sends you from a PC machine to a DeWalt. It sends you here:

ref=dp_ob_title_hi

I would personally recommend this DeWalt shear as the learning curve is sho rt, namely, keeping the whole shoe resting on the material when cutting as lifting the handle will break and chip the siding. It has a variable speed trigger that makes careful cutting and even trimming possible in some case s. I like the fact you can cut curves with it, and best of all you can cut as long a single piece as you need to get underneath gables, etc. across p ieces of siding. I use mine for ripping starter pieces, spacers, etc. with out a thought and can easily rip a piece off a 12' plank for the full lengt h.

Can't do any of that with the guillotine type press shear. They are for le ngth only.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

mending the lever

John G. is referencing:

d the machine manufacturing rights for that exact model to DeWalt, as the l ink above gives a hot link with the note that "there is a newer model of th is item" and sends you from a PC machine to a DeWalt. It sends you here:

A/ref=dp_ob_title_hi

hort, namely, keeping the whole shoe resting on the material when cutting a s lifting the handle will break and chip the siding. It has a variable spe ed trigger that makes careful cutting and even trimming possible in some ca ses. I like the fact you can cut curves with it, and best of all you can c ut as long a single piece as you need to get underneath gables, etc. across pieces of siding. I use mine for ripping starter pieces, spacers, etc. wi thout a thought and can easily rip a piece off a 12' plank for the full len gth.

Leon will have to paint it green. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Heah! LOL

Reply to
Leon

(ball cap on backwards, bib overalls, "Deliverance" music playing in the background...)

You sure have a purdy mouth.....

-BR

Reply to
Brewster