I need a new saw blade for my mitre saw?

Hi,

As I said, I need a new blade for my miter saw. I was thinking of a Forest Woodworker II but then I thought maybe there is better blades for crosscutting. Would I be better to have a thinner blade with 80 teeth? Can anyone recommend a good crosscut blade for these saws? My local tool supplier handles the Dimar Woodpecker and the CMT which are fairly expensive blades. Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

Not the Forrest Chopmaster? It's designed specifically for miter saws.

DJ Delorie

I use an Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade (regular kerf) and it is excellent. Delivers incredibly smooth cuts in hard or soft wood. A little less pricey than a WWII.

Reply to
Rich Stern

Hey, I have one of them also. Was about $50 or less. They have some new blades for cross cutting since I bought mine a couple of years ago. The Ultimate Cut off blades is about $69.

Edwin Pawlowski

Also the 12 inch DeWalt woodworking mitre saw blade (US$ 80) cuts well.Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

You don't want a Woodworker II for a miter saw. Forrest blades are great, but for a miter saw, you should be using either the Woodworker I or the Chopmaster. The WW II (30 or 40 teeth) is intended for table saws. For a miter saw, you want something with more teeth.

-- Regards, Doug Miller

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter, email me at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Miller

Guy,

I've been using the Forrest Chopmaster with good results.

Regards,

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mejerle

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Have you guys heard anything about those CMT or Dimar blades? The reason I ask is they are readily available to me. Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

I have the chopmaster on my dewalt sliding cms. I is ok, but I would not spend the money again for one. I don't see enough of an improvemnt over the included blade to justiify the cost.

Duane

Reply to
Duane

I'm happy with the 12" Dewalt from the borg. It was a 2 pack with a 32 tooth and an 80 tooth for around $60. I have never used the 32 tooth but would if I was doing a deck or something. The 80 tooth cuts endgrain as smooth as my Forrest WWII rips. I'm really pleased with it. The only complaint is that the yellow coating comes off onto the wood for the first couple dozen cuts.

Reply to
Bruce

that's not a bad blade I used it a lot. but when I got the forrest blade it blew it away. a smoother more accurate cut and a faster cut too with less effort. don't get a thin kerf blade.

Reply to
Steve Knight

What is wrong with a thin kerf blade?

I've been using a Freud Diablo 60 tooth thin kerf blade in my CMS for the past several months with great results.

Reply to
Ron

If it works for you, great. Thin kerf blades are more prone to warp or flex when making a cut. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

it flexes and you don't get a nice square cut. cut some tropical woods at different angles then see if the cut is flat. even my forrest is not totally perfect but far better then any thin kerf.

Reply to
Steve Knight