Miter box and saw

I have need from time to time to cut some simple miters at my vacation home. I don't want to lug my heavy Bosch CMS up there after first removing it from the miter table I made. Does anyone own a miter box and saw that they like and would recommend? I have done some online looking at reviews and the results are very spotty.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

May I suggest a cheapo HF miter saw to leave up there?

Less than $30

than $80

Leon

I have a Stanley miter box and saw that I purchased years ago, but still use it for cutting small pieces of wood. I do a lot of picture frames. It does not to a good job of cutting trim cuts where you want to take of less than about three blade widths to make some thing fit.

It is similar to this Sears model.

Item# 00936331000 | Model# 36331

Keith Nuttle

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:44:21 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

beasties, anyone? Reviews?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

It used to be a $100. Not a production machine. I have seen it at work with two different people. The word is that is is tempermental and constantly needs to be adjusted. Particularly if you change the angle.

But if it is just straight cuts and you don't move it around too much, it should be OK. The only reson to buy this machine is the price. It really doesn't have much else going for ti.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Dick Snyder

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 01:58:01 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels" scrawled the following:

I think over half of my cuts have been 90/90, a few percent at 45/90 or 90/45, but the rest are cut-to-fit-the-non-square-customer-home cuts. I think it might serve me nicely. It's almost all PT pineywood, too. I don't get paid enough to buy a nice $600 model which would work all day long on hardwoods.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Would you guys mentioning Searz please go back to the Handyman Club forums and leave the Wreck alone? Crikey!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

> Would you guys mentioning Searz please go back to the Handyman Club

I 10" Sears table saw has been performing its function for over 40 years and not a problem. Same with my 40 year old Sears router. I can still get parts for both.

I believe with Sears as any place else you get what you pay for. To compare a %100 Sears table saw with a $1000 dollar contractors saw, is like comparing a Smartcar with a Lexus.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle