super glue for holding small wood in a miter saw

I'm not a skilled woodworker, I'm sure some of you have superduper clamps that will work with any size piece of wood on your miter saw, but...

Another temporary use for superglue... I needed to cut a small block of wood. Put two drops of superglue on the table and stuck the wood to it. Waited 15 minutes or so and it cut like a charm. No hands. I mean it took no hands, that helped keep my hands safe. Then used a small hammer to break it off of the table. Then used a very sharp and smooth wide chisel to remove the superglue from the table and the wood. Piece of cake.

How do you attach small pieces of wood to a miter table?

Reply to
John Doe

You solved a problem, it worked, that's all that counts. Well done.

That said, obvious problem there would be scaling up for multiple parts.

This is where jig making acumen/skill comes in handy.

There is hardly a woodworking task that can't be made safer, more precise, and infinitely repeatable with the use of jigs.

Anyone with the imagination, and problem solving gene, you exhibited above should be able to design a jig to do that job.

Give it some thought. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I would make all cuts necessary on the appropriate tool(s) and then make the final cut to cut it to the itty bitty size needed. That way nobody's forehead gets stuck to the table like Tim the Toolman had happen to him. Let's be careful out there!

Gordon Shumway

Oh man, thank you... that was a good laugh.

Reply to
woodchucker

+1

Lew