Maybe it escapes only me: strop on wood block cost

Yeah, that's real earth shattering distortion there ... but the way you were ranting I thought maybe he reported that the pope was a baptist, or something.

Irrational hatred will do that to you ... do your digestion a favor and locate your TV off/on switch/channel changer.

Reply to
Swingman

I suppose it was a plot to save the poor smucks job.....if a DEM he could be re-elected a few times, have a national park named after him and garner various fluff awards.....although it probably was doomed to fail since Foley didn't have actual physical relations....unlike Gerry Studds.

Incidentally as examples of NEWS manipulation go that is a pretty lame attempt

Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

I heard this another way. God only made a few perfect people. The rest he made right handed. -G

Reply to
Mr. G D Geen

There were no men on my mother's side. Hers was a virgin birth. At least she thought so.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

If I have offended your heros at Fox, I am sorry. If you don't see the bias in Fox's Fair and Balanced reporting, then their broadcasts are obviously suitable for your consumption. The rest of us, those with our heads OUT of our asses, will look for other sources.

And as to labelling my posts gobbledegook, that's okay too, a colouring book version will be coming out soon so you can 'get' it too.

Reply to
Robatoy

No, it is not earth shattering, but typical. If you think Fox is 'balanced' than maybe that opportunist fat-bastard Michael Moore is unbiased as well?

A baptist wouldn't wear Pravda.

Robatoy

I'll be looking forward to the colouring book version although I didn't label your "posts" as gobbledygook but rather much of one post......Incidentally I'm no fan of any TV news FOX or otherwise....I may leave it on if doing something else in either the kitchen or the shop but to actually sit down and watch it virtually never......The time required Vs the information content compared to reading is quite unfavorable. But when I hear what I feel are empty or false tirades about FOX, Walmart etc. I just can't help myself from wading in......Since I don't perceive any relevant FOX news bias (ignoring the commentators on either side) when I ask for examples I'm quite sincere.....And I'm yet to see anybody present a credible case......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

If you can't see the difference between news reporting and commentary shows, then See BS and Crescent News Network will work just fine for you.

Somebody disagrees with your worldview, thus, by definition they must be ignorant morons. How positively enlightened.

Mark & Juanita

If you're going to sling mud with satirical names you might as well be fair (and balanced) by applying the appropriate moniker to Faux News.

Reply to
LRod

Hmmm... looks like the barbers have varying strops.

above URL has three kinds of paste to be used on separate leather strops:

6 micron - "used on a very dull edge", 2-4 micron - "will refresh a mildly dull edge", and leather conditioner for everyday use.

Possibly overkill for carving edges into wood, yes?

Reply to
John L. Poole

No, not for carving. Clean smooth edges are what carving is about. Everyone works through to their own compromise. Mine is Chromium Oxide (green compound) and a felt buff right now. Were I carving softer woods the strop would return. It's still in the drawer.

Reply to
George

[snipped for brevity]

Take a look here: (btw, this site is also pretty hard on 'left' news orgs.)

Robatoy

Hmm... when was the last time you saw, say Howard Zinn on any of these channels? The discussion has moved so far right that viewpoints such as these are not even acknowledged, yet how many military generals, etc., were interviewed prior to the war? In fact, how many were/are actually in their employ?

You are very naive if you think you are getting fair and balanced news from any of the networks, IMHO. If you have a hard time noticing FOX news bias, you have a very narrow view of what is news.

JMHO...

Reply to
eclipsme

actually read the criticisms of Fox News coverage on that web page? The conclusions are pre-drawn (Bush's AWOL status), the victims and perpetrators pre-assumed (Israel the agressor, Palestinians victims). If you are looking for a site to discuss media "balance" -- that one ain't it.

Try

, it will give you a view from the other side.

Mark & Juanita

Shaving using a straight razor is still a part of the training at the Ohio State College of Barber Styling (Broad St near Hamilton Rd). I've watched many shaves while having my hair cut, haven't seen any blood yet. For myself, a Norelco works fine; I know I can survive a bad student haircut, but a bad shave??

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Well, I've got all my hair, but I haven't seen the inside of a barber shop in three or four years. I tried something that is not for the faint of heart- I bought a trimmer and a pair of scissors, and asked my wife to do it. You have to be willing to have a run of goofy haircuts for a while, but it's a good incentive for her to learn if she has to be seen in public in your company later on...

Reply to
Prometheus

I see where Jon Stewart gets his material! That's some funny stuff there, Mark!

Now.. for some truly balanced news:

Robatoy

It's *got* to be more troops then we're hearing about, too... unless they're just grinding up military vehicles for fun over there, and letting the soldiers go.

The orders for computer and antenna mounts for military applications have increased dramatically in the past six months. Where we were making orders of 100-500 every couple of weeks, we're now making and shipping several thousand full sets each week. Unless they're building up for yet another war, we're wasting an awful lot of rolling stock over there. Seems fair enough to assume that *someone* is driving those trucks when they get totaled.

Reply to
Prometheus

Yeah, but there's a distinctive downside to that. You've got to make sure that she's in a good mood when she does your hair and that you haven't done anything in the previous few weeks that really pissed her off. In fact, with the memory that some women have, you'd have to be on your best behaviour almost all the time. :)

Sounds like hell to me. Think I'd rather stick with almost being bald and cutting off the remnants as I have been doing every three months or so.

Reply to
Upscale

See, that's the backup plan, and she's aware of it. If she butchers it out of anger or carelessness, I've got no problem shaving my head (an idea she claims to hate.)

Reply to
Prometheus