Lumber in Ontario (Windsor)

I'm wondering if Wud is cheaper in Canada (than in the states). I'm minutes away from Windsor, Amherstburg, etc and visit friends there from time to time.

If so, where would you recommend?

TIA

Reply to
Yitah

I take it you're a wudworker?

Reply to
Bridger

Not true at Sault Ste Marie.

Reply to
George

I'm wondering if an individual bringing a couple of wud boards over the border would be subject to duty or taxes. This might be a problem.

Post l>I'm wondering if Wud is cheaper in Canada (than in the states). I'm

Reply to
Lazarus Long

i know there is some tariff stuff going on with softwood, as for hardwood, I'm not really sure. Would be very interesting to know however. i doubt highly i could get mine any cheaper than i am now though :)

Reply to
js

Try this place,

It's worth my time to travel from Ottawa, to Cambridge, because of price, and most importantly, mind blowing, hard to find stock (eg: just before xmas came home with 2 pieces of 16/4 x 20+" figured swiss pear 10ft long, same tree)

Domestic species are decently priced, and they'll deliver quantity (but it's worth the trip to dig thru their goodies).

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
A Dubya