Lumber auction

Poking around IRS site after looking at Bill's Model 60 and saw the following. If reasonably close to E TN and looking for slabs

Kicker on these auctions for individuals is the insurance rider they demand for loading and that as I understand it, you've got to arrange for it.

Reply to
dpb

Of the five or so sales I've participated in, for items that can be carried or carted out, that insurance mandate is waived. The ins. is for those h uge items, where some kind of heavy equipment is required for disassembly a nd/or loading.

In all the sales I've participated in, the local guys were very helpful in accommodating the loading, using carts, fork lifts, etc. ..... with the *e xception of the last sale, where/when I bought the antique work tables. I n getting directions for where my items were, the guy was tending to some h ard maple cutting/work. I asked if he could also load some of that stock onto my truck. Alas, no go.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Huh ? ... the very biggest lots are 200 board feet - many of the lots are 2 small slabs ... Exactly how much insurance would be needed to hand-bomb some boards into your pick-up ... seriously. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Saw at least one bundle of 450 bd-ft; I saw, and if you can manage a slab that might be 150-175 lb or take along enough hands...

I've not been to one of these; some places I have been if it's on a pallet/banded they'd not be happy for you to cut the banding and try to load on a board-by-board basis taking up space/time doing so. If'fen these guys let you do that, then would make a difference.

Reply to
dpb

Sorry to see that it is Full Cycle Woodworks that is going under the hammer. They were a great supplier for a long time under the original family ownership but some legal problems set a chain of unfortunate events in motion and I guess it finally came to this. They'll be missed. Guess I need to get at it and remove them from the list of recommended wood suppliers I have on my website...

Reply to
John McGaw