Lumber auction

Poking around IRS site after looking at Bill's Model 60 and saw the following. If reasonably close to E TN and looking for slabs <http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg tails&tot=&id!909>
Kicker on these auctions for individuals is the insurance rider they demand for loading and that as I understand it, you've got to arrange for it.

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 9:42:13 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Of the five or so sales I've participated in, for items that can be carried or carted out, that insurance mandate is waived. The ins. is for those h uge items, where some kind of heavy equipment is required for disassembly a nd/or loading.
In all the sales I've participated in, the local guys were very helpful in accommodating the loading, using carts, fork lifts, etc. ..... with the *e xception of the last sale, where/when I bought the antique work tables. I n getting directions for where my items were, the guy was tending to some h ard maple cutting/work. I asked if he could also load some of that stock onto my truck. Alas, no go.
Sonny

Huh ? ... the very biggest lots are 200 board feet - many of the lots are 2 small slabs ... Exactly how much insurance would be needed to hand-bomb some boards into your pick-up ... seriously. John T.
On 6/17/2018 12:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Saw at least one bundle of 450 bd-ft; I saw, and if you can manage a slab that might be 150-175 lb or take along enough hands...
I've not been to one of these; some places I have been if it's on a pallet/banded they'd not be happy for you to cut the banding and try to load on a board-by-board basis taking up space/time doing so. If'fen these guys let you do that, then would make a difference.

On 6/17/2018 10:42 AM, dpb wrote:

Sorry to see that it is Full Cycle Woodworks that is going under the hammer. They were a great supplier for a long time under the original family ownership but some legal problems set a chain of unfortunate events in motion and I guess it finally came to this. They'll be missed. Guess I need to get at it and remove them from the list of recommended wood suppliers I have on my website...