LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.

In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with a unique way of storing them.

I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.

knuttle

Do you have a basement? If so nail a couple of boards to the underside of the joists or to the ceiling if finished, and clamp the clamp to them (note to those who wonder why the boards--look at the clamp, it would need four corners).

If you have multiples then make something layered like an upside-down pyramid--just don't grow it down far enough for the rods to become a hazard.

Alternatively, make a box for them.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I've seen cheapo fishing rod tubes at the "surplus store" -

similar to this item :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

For those unfamiliar with this type of clamp. They consist of 4 corner blocks with a hole on one leg and a threaded hole on the other. There are 4 rod that connect the corner blocks. Assember there is a thumb screw the tightens the clams around the piece. In addition there are 4 rod bolts, and 4 additional rods to expand the clamp to 6'. To supplement this I have cut a couple of rods in 9" section to give me more versatility in sizing the clamp.

Each "simple" clamp consist of near 30 pieces. I have atleast 4 sets of clamps. Storage consist of long rods short rods and small pieces. Some parts can be stored assembled but still there are parts

Reply to
knuttle

Modify an old electric guitar case with hard-foam cut-outs ? :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Assuming you are NOT disassembling after each use, what about a 1x4 mounted to the wall and then a couple of lag screws coming out from the

1x4 to hang the sets of clamps on. Stack several on each set of screws.
Reply to
Leon

...with a box hanging off the bottom (or top) for the small parts. Keep the box below eye level for ease of use.

Reply to
DerbyDad03