Lee Valley 30th Anniversary Clamps back in stock

Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Houseman

Ohhhh, I think I'll pass, I got my e-mail yesterday. I have had several of these clamps for several years, 15+. They bend easily under pressure and it is very difficult to clamp up several boards into a panel and it not warp during the clamping process. Yeah you can put clamps on top and bottom but that requires double the number of clamps.

Reply to
Leon

Leon -

I don't have your experience with these specific clamps, but the 25 inch ones are the ones I ordered - I am constantly trying to use 48 inch and longer clamps to do small jobs, so for $6.50 a piece, they were a useful choice for me. And with 10 of them in the batch, I will have enough to do top and bottom if I need to.

Thanks for the warning. I still think it is a good deal, given my circumstances.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Houseman

I did not mean to spoil your day Doug. I don't recall them being available in 25" way back when. Those should not present as much problem as the longer ones. I had several 48" and a few 72" ones.

That said, I did find these clamps to be far lighter weight and easy to adjust compared to most friction type clamps.

$6.50 each? I did not bother to look but may take a second look at the shorter ones. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I couldn't pass it up. I hadn't been to LV in a long time, and made a special trip for the clamps and a few other things. CDN price is $69 for ten, but I wanted to mix 'n match with the longer ones. No go, they said, it all comes in box. After reading what Leon said about the longer ones, I'm ok with that.

Snuck it past SWMBO and it's in the shop, waiting to be stored away. I had asked LV if they could sell me scuffed up/glue-stained clamps so no one would know they were new, and they just smiled.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Hey, I can handle that for you. Bring the clamps and a case of beer over to my place and while we're drinking the beer, we can drop the clamps off my

7th floor balcony a few times. (you retrieve them after every drop). I offer a 100% guarantee (or a refund of your used beer) that the clamps will look scuffed up and appear to be several years old by the time I'm finished.
Reply to
Upscale

I kinna like that idea. However, there is a wee problem. I told her I was going 30 miles to buy pants in the city. I ended up going there, plus another 10 miles to LV. An additional 250 miles to Hogtown and I think she would have been suspicious, even if the clamps came back scuffed.

But I like the way you think. We're all in this together and yer pullin for me.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus