Lee Valley Customer Service

Since I believe in pats on the back as well as venting complaints, I had to post this..

I've been shopping for a coring system for my new lathe and had decided on the McNaughton setup...

I wanted to order it ASAP, but didn't understand what post size it came in... damn, I hate to wait for something, once I decide to buy it.. *g*

I sent an email to customer service, explaining that my post measured 1" and that 1" wasn't listed... did I measure wrong, or was the system not available for a Jet 1442..

I was expecting a computer generated email saying that my email had been received and would be answered soon... Instead, I got an email from Marty in C.S. within an hour, explaining that I had measured correctly and that 1" was standard, the system did fit my lathe, and that the sizes listed were optional size posts..

I ordered it fairly late last night, and this morning there was already an order confirmation email.. Later this morning, I received another email with shipping and tracking info..

This is my first L.V. order.. I read a lot about them here but never really looked at their site.. I'm sure that after this experience, I'll look there first in the future...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I received a letter from LV thanking me for returning a defective product so quickly after I received the replacement. I've NEVER gotten confirmation that a returned product has even been RECEIVED, much less getting THANKED for doing so, from any other company on the planet.

Dave

mac davis wrote:

Reply to
David

Reply to
nospambob

Their hardware catalog ain't too shabby, either.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie, As fate would have it, I am headed to Salem, OR tonight to do a demo for their turners club on using the Mcnaughton coring system. If you haven't used it or seen it used, it isn't an easy tool to learn how to use. The instructions that come with it are almost useless. There is a DVD out by Mike Mahoney that is pretty good. If you have any problems, I can tell you what I know. Some day I will have my own DVD out, but that will be a while. robo hippy

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
robo hippy

Help me, Help me... *grabbing Robo's leg and begging* Hell, I'd probably take a trip up to the clean state to see it used right! Is Salem North or South of you?

I should get the coring system late next week... I ordered the DVD reluctantly, glad you recommend it.. I'm sure that I'm going to have LOTS of dumb questions... Bill Grumbine has warned me that it takes practice, so I'm cutting a lot of blanks in advance t practice on..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Mac, Salem is north of me about 70 miles, I am in Eugene. Where are you? robo hippy

Reply to
robo hippy

We're in Clovis, Calif.... near Fresno

Our son & his family is stationed at Ft. lewis, though, so we make the trip to WA. 2 or 3 times a year..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

My only complaint with Lee Valley is there's never anything to complain about.

I go to their Toronto stores every few months and have a great time just walking and drooling. If you ever get something from LV that's rusty, it's probably my fault.

snipped

Reply to
Jim K

LMAO thanks Jim, you've made a monday morning a little brighter..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Mac, If you are coming through Eugene, and have time to stop, drop me a line. I can never resist talking shop. robo hippy

Reply to
robo hippy

cool... my kid's deploying gain for a year, but his wife & kid will still be there.. we'll try to plan an extra day on the next trip!

If I can get my ass out of the shop long enough, maybe I'll get the trailer out of storage and we'll make a vacation out of the trip.. lol