Lathe lessons?

I was given a lathe today by a *good* neighbor. (her husband passed away a few months ago) Is there a newsgroup for "turners"? I'm actually looking for a video or book on using a lathe.

Thanks,

Max

Reply to
Max

rec.crafts.woodturning

There are lots of clubs around too. If you are in NY check out Northeastern Woodworkers Association.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Found it. Many thanks.

Max (in El Paso) uh....................that's Texas. {:-)

Reply to
Max

---------------------------------------- Do you have a community college in your area?

The CC in my area has a lathe class as well as other woodworking programs.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hey, Max, come on over to Houston on the 3rd Saturday for the Gulf Coast Woodturners meeting. Lets see, El Paso to Houston and back, plus running out to lunch..... should be about

1600 miles round trip if you don't go very far for lunch. . A good weekend jaunt.
Reply to
Roy

down for Borderline Chapter, in El Paso.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Found it. Thank you.

Max

Reply to
Max

We have a large CC. They have woodworking classes but no class for a lathe. I contacted the local woodturning club and expect to attend their next meeting.

Max

Reply to
Max

Now just figure that by horseback or wagon! Might be every other year - 320 days for a round trip. Hum new horse every day on the fast pace route.

Mart>

Woodturners meeting. Lets

about 1600 miles round

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

We made that trip in late 2008. Stopped in Fredericksburg, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Del Rio, Alpine and back home. Nice trip. Took a little more than a weekend though. We were gone 5 weeks. {:-)

Max

Reply to
Max