Hitachi C10 FSH compoun miter saw burning

I have an Hitachi C10 FSH compound miter saw that has worked beauitifully for me for a couple of years. Recently I allowed someone else to use it and it is now out of whack. It burns almost every cut. I am running a very sharp Forrest Woodmaster on it but to be certain it was not a dull or warped blade causing the problem I changed blades but the problem continues. I have been over the saw very carefully and the only thing that appears a little out is the right side tubular shaft on which it rolls has a tiny bit of slop. I do not believe this is the source of the problem but I am at a loss and am turning to you, my esteemed woodworking colleagues, to tell me if you have had this problem and what your solution might have been. Yes. I know, I can send it back to the factory but that should only be a last resort. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau

Blade is not parallel to direction it must travel.

Reply to
beecrofter

What type of wood are you cutting? Burning is "usually" from moving to slowly through the material. Now a dull blade might slow the cut thus enhance burning. Or wet wood can bind and slow the cut. I mean even wobble shouldn't induce burning. The only thing that comes to mind is the alignment of the blade relative to the direction of the sliders. Not sure I have ever adjusted that but I assume there must be some setting somewhere.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

The saw is out of square with the fence, either due to the slop in the rail or it has been knocked out of adjustment.

I can't help with a specific procedure to adjust it, I'm not familiar with this particular saw.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I should have said "not square with the rails" basilisk

Reply to
basilisk