Kitchen Cabinet Conversion - Help

My sister wants to convert a lower kitchen cabinet (hinged door) space to a pull-out trash can unit/space, as this - https://www.build.com/hafele-503-12-784/s232115?uid 87838
She thought and asked if I could build a unit, using drawer slides. At the price a pull-out unit sells for, buying one might/would be more practical, then simply switch the doors.
Are these interior hardware units (no door aspect) available, such that, her present hinged door could simply be attached to the interior hardware unit?
I see, online (Box stores), some pull out organizers and the like, but not seeing a double trash can unit, that an existing cabinet door can be attached to.
Thanks for any help. Sonny
On 6/14/18 9:03 AM, Sonny wrote:

Yes, they make them and they are at Home Depot and Lowes, stock. What's your budget? Trust me, if you spend less than $125-ish, you'll be disappointed with the performance.
--

-MIKE-

On 6/14/2018 9:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Sonny, take a look at:
<http://www.cshardware.com/35-qt-double-soft-close-top-mount-1-5-face-frame-wood-waste-container.html
or just go to <http://www.cshardware.com and search on "Trash"

That's a decent one, Sonny, and it comes with the bins. The top mount slides are a better design that the bottom. Not sure about the slides, but they are better than the stamped, white epoxy ones, for sure.
--

-MIKE-

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 11:12:00 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

What about a unit with *real* bottom slides, not side slides mounted high (or low)?
Seems like the high side slides might interfere with or make changing the bags cumbersome.
I converted a 2-door base cabinet into a drawer unit using bottom slides rated at 100 lbs. I wish I had used them instead of side slides when I built all the rest of the kitchen drawers. They are so smooth, even with the considerable weight of the ceramic mixing bowls and glass baking dishes.
They wouldn't even know that the garbage bins were there and there'd be nothing to catch the inevitable mess that occurs around garbage bins.
On 6/14/2018 9:03 AM, Sonny wrote:

FWIW when I remodeled our previous home kitchen I had this set up. I built the container and mounted it to full extension drawer slides. The upper spot above the door, that looks like a drawer tilted out from the top to dump our waste into the bin below. I mounted a heavy plastic sheet onto the back side of the tilt out drawer front to prevent messy wet debris from falling between the cabinet face frame and the container below.
I built the wast container to accommodate a 55 gal drum trash bag. We only had to empty once a week.