Kitchen Cabinet doors pinch in corners when opening

I have just installed a Wood-Mode kitchen and am having a problem with the cabinet doors not fully opening where mounted next to my fridge, stove, corner, or overlay. While the doors/hinges have been "tuned" as close together in the middle as possible, they will only open

Reply to
CeeGee

was a hard one....

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

If they are adjusted properly then they are using the wrong hinge and/or hinge plate Wood-Mode I understand has a good rep and should take care of it.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Can someone suggest the right hinge for a framed cabinet using these doors. Truly, they have adjusted as best they can and I still cannot open doors enough to pull out drawers without hitting door. There must be a solution and my contractor has not found it. His solution is to add another hinge at the top or bottom so the door will stop before it pinches which will ultimately dent the doors in the corner... not the right answer.

Also, the Wood-mode website does not have a phone number or address for email? does anyone have that information?

Chris

Reply to
CeeGee

Chris,

Gotta get you introduced on how to do a search.......

Wood-Mode Ph (570)374-2711 Fax (570)374-2700

And ya didn't even say thanks to anyone..........

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

From the website, they identify the town, and state, they're in.

Using , searching for a business-name "wood-mode", in the state of PA, turns up three listings.

Amazingly, the 1st one matches the town name, from the web-site. Identifies itself as the 'corporate offices',

*and* has a phone number.

"the numerical answer is left as an exercise for the student."

Reply to
admin

Thanks to all who have educated me on the use of the web! and for Wood-mode's contact info... If I was proficient at this, I would not have spent the last 7 hours studying more than I cared ever to know about concealed Euro hinges for partial inset overlay framed doors. Still don't know what the right answer is, but, at least I could converse with my contractor today to convince him.... the hinge is the answer, before they tear out the cabinets, take another three inches off (and drawers), order new doors and add a filler.

You've been great! And I think I'll spend more time researching contractors next time as well... this has been a nightmare.

I'll keep you posted

CeeGee

Reply to
CeeGee

Adding another hinge to the doors isn't the answer. Is the door stile, on the hinge side, hitting the stile of the carcass when you open it (what you are calling pinch)? If so it sounds like the doors are warped, the carcass may be racked, or the hinges aren't set out far enough on the carcass stile.

Have you talked to the supplier/distributor about this yet? That would be my first call.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Brownell