Open a dealer shop, or use eBay.

Dealers will sell them for considerably more than eBay. But the great thing about eBay to a seller is that things rarely sell for much below their real worth. So many people watch it that you can usually rely on at least two recognising what they're worth. Selling them to a small audience, or to a price that you set yourself, requires a good idea of their "market value" before you start.

Of course, many items sell for far in excess of "real worth", if the conditions are just right for the seller. But that's a political rant...

#46 - $100 - $1000 #49 - $50

Go higher if they're in better conditions, or the market is feeling generous. The #46 had some early variants with florid decoration - they're the ones that make the big money (but they're still no bronze Millers Falls)

The #49 is a bit of an oddity, in that it's actually useful.

Andy Dingley

Reply to
Steven Bliss

A quick search on eBay showed the #46 typically going for approx $30-$50 and the #48 for $50-$75. Of course it all depends on the condition and whether yours are desirable collectors or not. You'd have to spend more time comparing yours to the 10-15 auctions I looked at to do a better comparison. For example, the #46 went for a low of $25 to a high of $177, but it seemed if someone wanted one they could pick one up for $40-50 fairly easily.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA