Q: Cabinet terminology

Somewhere, I saw a kitchen design that had a very tall and narrow pull-out cabinet for things likes spices, etc. Anybody know what I'm talking about and what they're called?

I have a client that has a refrigerator against a wall and I want to move it away from the wall about 8"-10" and put a tall cabinet against the wall. I saw some great examples sometime ago, but can't remember where and don't know what they're called.

TIA,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dembroge

A pantry.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

I've seen them in base and wall cabinet vesions and you can find same at lowes and HD Kitch Design depts.

Stacking to 42" wall versions or a base unit and a 42" wall unit might fill your bill.

If you know where you can get (or cust got) the existing cabinets, that would be your best first stop. From that source you might find a matching door or two that could be pressed into service on a cabinet your built.

There are very HD sliders avail (Woodcraft?) that would allow you to mount a tall verticle panel with sliders at top and bottom and shelves mounted perpendicular to this panel . Indeed the TV Cabinet sliders I've seen would seem to alow this panel to slide out of the cavity and swing to the (right or) left to provide great access to teh items stored within. In such a case, the "doors" could be mounted to the vettical panel and serve to support the shelves via moveable shelf supports (at the other end/side, a simple back panel also drilled for the shelf supports). Found the following at Woodcraft, but tehre may be more and heavier duty available elsewhere.

1234 Flipper Door Slides These are without a doubt the "easiest to install" flipper door systems on the market today. Choose the appropriate slide length and add the hinge system, one pair per door, that is applicable to your design and you have the complete system. Installation is easy, just position the slide against the ceiling and the floor of the cabinet, cut and install a follower strip, mount hinges to your door and clip into place. Each Slide is capable of handling a 42" door up to 30 lbs. Hinges are European design with 3-way adjustment. Follower strip can be installed and adjusted without removing the slide. Slides have a black matte finish. Great for entertainment centers, armoires, kitchen cabinet or computer centers. Instructions included.

Slides, one pair required per door.

Inset and Face Frame, 35mm hinge cup, and maximum 13/16" thick door. One pair required per door.

Thick Doors, 40 mm hinge cup, door thickness 1" - 1-1/4". One pair required per door.

Overlay Doors, 40 mm hinge cup 13/16" maximum door thickness. One pair required per door.

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Or, maybe, more precisely pantry pullouts. Rockler has a bunch of examples here:

Mark Ohlund

Yes,that's it and that (Rockler) is probably where I saw them. Thanks everyone for the help.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dembroge

Try

?c=2&cat=3,43722&p=43723
't know anything about the last one other than they have a good selection of a lot of stuff)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Hi Mike

Missed your original post, so replying 'off the back' of Renata's reply = to you. The long tall cupboards/cabinets you describe are simply known = as larder cupboards here in Britain, maybe a link to a UK site like ...

help?=20

I was only able to find internal workings and parts, on my UK site, no = carcasses to speak of. This site belongs to a company called B&Q in the = UK, I believe they may be related to The Home Depot, on your side of the = pond, but cannot confirm 100%, you'll notice similar products and = website layout maybe?=20

John

--=20 Remove 'spamfree' to reply

Reply to
John (aka wheelzuk)