Just Curious -- How many took advantage...

Of the 20% off Sale at the BORGs? I myself picked up the PC 557, Dewalt 400 Grinder, and Rigid Sander. Saved about $160 with Sale, 20% Off and PC Rebate.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

Yeah, even though I bought several items at Woodcraft a couple of days ago, I picked up a new Delta jointer and planer this morning at Lowes. I'm going to hate myself when the credit card bill comes in.

My garage sure is getting full.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ridgid cordless drill. 20% off and free batteries for life. Merry Christmas to me.

Reply to
Mark

Bought my grandson a cordless drill as he is old enough to have his own tools.

I went there just after leaving Coastal Tools where I got a few Christmas gifts. Things the borgs does not sell. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Next time you are over at Coastal Tools with SWMBO stop in at the Korean Market next door in the Raymour & Flanagan Plaza. The market its called AppleTree. They have the best Fresh Fish and Vegtables around and they are very inexpensive. SWMBO will love it and will want to go back and that will give you an opportunity to go into Coastal Tools.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

No Borg around here. Maybe that will keep my January credit card bill low.

Reply to
Phisherman

I passed.

I don't really need anything right now that the BORGs carry.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Phisherman thus spake:

They may have a Merry Christmas, but you'll have the Happy New Year!

But I must confess, I gave in to temptation as well - Lowes got a chunk of my savings this year...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

You didn't go for the Harbor Freight grandson list?

I think this is the second time I've been in the same store as you on the same day, in a year, and one of us posted about it. We missed each other at Woodcraft a few months back. I went to Coastal for a PC nailer / compressor combo, but forgot my checkbook!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I got the dewalt benchtop tablesaw.

-Jami

Reply to
JR9er

Thanks, another reason to make the trip.

It is also close to New Britain with some good Polish foods. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I got the PC557. Normally, for a tool such as this, I would go across the street to Coastal (their regular price is a couple of bucks cheaper than the Borg). But between the 20% off and an existing gift card, resistance was futile.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Picked up the Ridgid belt/spindle sander, Ryobi scroll saw, Porter Cable R/O sander, and a Ryobi Biscuit Joiner. Good thing the shop is heated. Looks like I may be sleeping there for a while til SWMBO calms down. :-)

Paul

Reply to
Paul

We've got to get together some time. There are at least a half dozen wreckers here from CT.

Coastal Tools is my new favorite tool place. Only quality brands, very good prices, and reasonably local. They beat Home Depot prices on some of the tools they both carry. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Picked up the Delta 6 in Jointer today with the 20% off. I got the small benchtop one, figured after getting the Jet contractor saw, Dewalt planer in the last month I better go easy with SWMBO.

Reply to
Mike S.

I got a Makita R/O sander and a Delta variable speed grinder at Lowes.

I saved about $35. Not bad.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Paul thus spake:

I hear ya - Could be the same chilly circumstance here if what I got for her doesn't please adequately....

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Hate to say it Mike, but you may want to make sure you can return that if you decide you want to. Those little jointers are great for jointing the odd small (less than 3 feet) board but they have a universal motor (louder than heck), they cut curves in stock longer than 3' (and no, you can not adjust that "feature" out) and when it comes time to have the blades sharpened, you have to send the whole cutterhead into a repair center and have the screws removed for you (they lock-tite them in and there is no way you're getting them out on your own). They may seem like a great deal when they sit on the store shelf but one of the best things I ever did is take mine back and bought a used "real" jointer for about the same $$$

Good luck Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Reply to
Grandpa

A 3/8 drill and a circular saw, both Milwaukee.

Reply to
Mark