M&M W7 Molder/Planer

I found one of these at an estate sale. Cute little machine, which always gets my attention. I looked on the "EWay" just for grins and MY LORD, why do these things sell for SO much??? What do they do THAT well? Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

They make molding. One of the few machines that can make round or oval molding.

Reply to
Doug Turner

Doug Turner responds:

All day, every day, added to which changing blades is a snap, the machine is easy to care for, the motor is usually a Baldor, and a few other similar good things.

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

Reply to
Ron Moore

Are we talking about a Williams and Hussey planer/moulder here?

If so that is a fine machine, or so says I. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Sounds like. And $100 is one great price. Absolutely fantastic machine at its intended price (IIRC, they go for 2 big ones or more right now, ready to go...well, with all the parts in the boxes).

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

Older ones didn't all have the feed drive train, but still a good buy either way.

Reply to
My Old Tools

If it is then he got one hell of a great deal on it - they go for close to 2 grand new.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b