JPM13-CS Experiences

I am halfway through my first molding process using my Jet Planer and have a few questions. My current run will produce some 2 1/4" Casing out of Red Oak. I have the stock sized at 3/4" x 2 3/8" as suggested. My next step is the relief cut and then move on to the actual profile cut.

  1. I have ~ 4" of snipe at the end of each board from the Planing Process. Is there any way I can fix this or will this become waste?

  1. The manual mentions that it may be necessary to make several passes when making the profile cut, is this true? I was wondering how the feed rollers would work with less contact surface on second and subsequent passses.

  2. Any tricks on the profile knife installation? I didn't have any problems installing the relief knives but the profile knives require a lot more precision.

Thanks, -Mike

Reply to
Mike Bittel

As far as the snipe: If you've already plane to 3/4 then it wil probably be waste. Someone here once posted an intriguing website where a guy took some laminated pressboard

Reply to
Joseph Smith